Saturday, May 17, 2008

Day 3 - long day

first 200 miles was pretty boring. Nice farms n stuff but zero elevation change and straight roads. The next 100 was really nice. Trees and rocks and hills and lakes and rivers. Then it got boring again.

Figured I'd stop at about 350 but the craphole of a town I got to made me push on. Of course i did i without looking at the map again. i just left the gps in search motel mode. as i kept going and going, all the motels it was suggesting were behind me. Finally started being in front after about 25 miles so that meant i did an extra 50 or so to make it to a different craphole town.

Luckily the day had finished with beautiful sunshne as it had been pretty blustery all day. About 15 degrees. Whatever the hell that means. These Canadians. Why can't they be like real Americans? Celsius and liters and weird money???

I'm paying $1.42 a liter for fuel!! Maybe if they had a bigger army their gas wouldn't be so expensive.

No comments: