Tuesday, May 20, 2008

thru the land of the evil crop

Let's see. Today I rode thru some nice farmland of corn, and then thru some more corn, and then thru some more, until I finally came across a crop that I thought was different, but nope, more corn.

You'd think we sneak that stuff into everything we eat and drink in this country, as well as feed it to all the animals. If only we could figure out how to drive our SUVs on the stuff, huh Brian?

Speaking of which, E85 is under $3 a gallon. Too bad my bike warns against running on ethanol. Try finding any gas around here without ethanol in it.

No highways yesterday. Just nice farm roads pointing west. Good weather too, finishing with brilliant sunshine. I quit a bit early cuz it's only about 160 miles to omaha and picking up liz tonight. Guess I'll have to stop and chat it up with some of the locals today to kill some time.

Started raining last night after i stopped but as requested by me it looks pretty stinkin gorgeous out there now.

All in all, Illinoise and Iowa are very nice as long as you stay away from the corn processing plants, which is tricky.

No comments: