Saturday, May 24, 2008

Finally a good weather day.

after being awakened at 4:30 by some stupid teenage kids in a neighbouring room ( if i knew which one i'd likely be writing this from a jail cell right now. Did I ever mention how much I dislike kids?) I started the day praying for rain.

That might sound weird but since i figured that the options were lots of rain or lots of rain and wind, it seemed like a reasonable prayer.

Halleleujah. We got rain all day. Sometimes a lot but that was only occasionally, and sometimes scary windy but that was only occasionally too.

Managed a good solid 400 miles that got us in striking distance of our goal. Now I can relax a bit and go back on the backroads after tomorrow.

Hopefully it'll be clear enough in the morning to scope out bozeman, mt where we made it to tonight. An easy couple hundred tomorrow will let us check out Missoula, then cut thru idaho to oregon.

g'nite johnboy.

2 comments:

Phil Fukushima said...

Hey Johnboy,
I thought I told the navigator to cruise thru Sheridan, WY and visit The Mint Bar. Looks like you're a little north of that destination. Sounds like Bozeman is a great place to hang. Go easy on the teenagers, Gray Panthers.
Aloha,
Phil & Elaine

PDA said...

Soooo, I am wondering about this OFF ROAD bike you got. All i have heard about so far is roads. You sound like one of those SUV drivers.
Oeace,
Have steak for me in Montana
Pigman