Wednesday, June 4, 2008

stage 2 - day 1

First day of riding started about as expected. Dan was late. He says he wasn't. I have a feeling he's like Brian and had to power wash his deck or something like that.

Iven picked Mark up earlier to go pick up his bike at the dealership. By the time we got there he was still buying stuff and learning how to make it go, so I guess technically Dan wasn't late. But if Mark were ready on time then Dan would've been late. You're right. I know what you're thinking. Dan wasn't late.

When I got there I asked the mechanic about the leftover 1/2 quart of oil from my oil change that I requested they put in my pannier the night before when I picked up my bike. He came back beaming with pride and a full quart. Whoohooo!. A 'free' half quart of oil. I won't mention how much it costs to get your oil changed at a BMW motorcycle dealership but I'm guessing they use disposable gold plated oil pans or something.

We finally got out of there about an hour after we planned to and then another ten minutes of Iven making us pose a hundred different ways for the big send off. 'Ok, now just one more, but this time I want you to...'

Then just one more quick stop to make at Steve Kidd's new office. Very nice. We got the full tour. More photos. Talked about his cool car. Dan standing there the whole time tapping his foot saying we gotta go. Wasn't he the one that started the day by being late?

No comments: